Step 1 – Create or login to your Stripe account
Simply set up a Stripe account or use your existing Stripe account.
Step 2 – Add your branding
Head over to the branding section in Stripe. https://dashboard.stripe.com/settings/branding
- Go to “Settings” (cog icon) in the top-right
- Click “Branding“
Here you must upload a Icon and select your Brand colours.
Step 3 – Setting up Stripe Connect
Head over to the Connect settings.
On older Stripe accounts it can be found in the top menu.
Newer accounts it can be found under more – then Connect.
Click the get started button to set up your connect account.
Next complete your profile.
Once this is completed and your Business details are added you’ll get access to the Connect settings. https://dashboard.stripe.com/settings/connect (scroll to the bottom of the page)
Here is where you’ll find the Stripe Connect Client ID. (make sure you are not in test mode).
Copy the Client ID into CollabPay.
Copy the Connect Redirect URI from CollabPay and add it to the Redirect section in the connect settings.
Enable OAuth for Standard accounts
Your Stripe Connect profile could be under review and could take some time to be approved by Stripe.
Step 4 – Get the API key
- Go to your Stripe dashboard
- Click on “Developers” > “API keys“
- Click “Create secret key” and copy the key into CollabPay
Step 5 – Paste the API keys into CollabPay
- Go to your CollabPay account (make sure you are logged into the Store owner account, not a Collaborator account)
- Go to “Settings“
- Go to “Payouts – Sending payments“
- Copy the Connect Client ID and the Secret key from Stripe, then paste them into the form on the Stripe page in CollabPay, then click “Save”
Step 6 – Inform collaborators to connect to your Stripe
Once the above steps have been completed collaborators are able to connect to your Stripe account. In-depth guide can be found here.
- Can I use my Stripe account linked to Shopify?
No, “Shopify Payments, Powered by Stripe” is a managed account, controlled by Shopify. You are not able to control it.
- Do I need to have a balance in Stripe in order to pay collaborators?
Yes, you must have a balance is Stripe in order to pay collaborators. Stripe will not take money from connected credit cards / bank accounts to transfer funds to collaborators.
If you are in the U.S you can instantly fund your Stripe Connect account.
- I’m using Stripe as my payment gateway in WooCommerce, can I use the same account in CollabPay?
Yes, this is the ideal way to use CollabPay.
- Can I set up Stripe and PayPal to pay collaborators?
Yes, you can set up both options on your account. The collaborator will need to choose which one to be paid out with when they set up their account.
- How do I access my Stripe account?
If you are a store owner you can simply login via stripe.com
If you are a collaborator – head into CollabPay and go to Settings > Payouts – Receiving payments and the click the “View Stripe dashboard” button
- I’m using WooCommerce Payments, can I use this option?
WooCommerce Payments pays directly in to your bank account and not into your Stripe account (balance). This means you will never have funds in your account to pay your collaborators.
We recommend you use Stripe directly.
- What are the fees involved with sending money?
Fees vary depending on what country you are based in and if you are doing cross-border transactions.
For the USA, There is a US$0.25 + 0.25% fee for paying your Collaborators using Stripe.
For the UK, there is a 10p + 0.25% fee for paying your Collaborators using Stripe.
Please visit the Stripe Payouts pricing page to understand costs in your country.
- My Shopify store is not using Stripe as the checkout method, can I still use this?
Yes, Stripe is being used to pay collaborators. This happens outside of your Shopify store and with not affect any check methods you have setup.